|5.11 Mini-Steam Power Plant|
General Description :
A mobile bench top model which is ideal for classroom demonstration the basic principle of a boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, and generators.
Experimental Capabilities :
- Calculation of boiler efficiency
- Steam engine efficiency
- Steam turbine efficiency
- How to operate mini steam boiler
- How to operate mini steam engine
- How to operate mini steam turbine
- Supporting frame: All stainless steel 304
- Boiler: Stainless steel 304, vertical fired tube, LPG gas burner. Maximum steam out put >/= 4 kgs steam/hr @ 1 atm. Maximum working pressure 1.5 barg. Hydrostatic test @3 barg 15 minutes.
- Steam engine: Single cylinder, horizontal type. Maximum out put of >/= 1.5 Watts dc.
- Steam turbine: Single-stage turbine, maximum output >/= 1.5 Watts dc
- Fuel type: Lpg with LPG burner, manual control. To be supplied with manufacturer calibrated analog LPG mass flow meter in term of grams/minute or grams /sec.
- Condenser: Stainless steel, shell, and tubes opened circuit cooling water, needs optional supplied water as cooling water. The water flow meter in term of LPM with a flow control valve is provided.
- Temperature measuring devices: Microprocessor digital temperature measurement, 5 positions- measurement with selector switch. Thermocouple type K. Readable to 0.1 degrees C.
- RPM Speed measurement: Non-contact type digital display in term of rpm for both generators of turbine and steam engine, can be converted to engine speed and turbine speed via pulley ratios.
- Safety valve: Brass safety valve with stainless steel spring inside. To be adjustable manually. Recommended setting pressure between 1.55 to 1.7 barg.
- Water feed pump: Hand operated water pump
- Required services: 220 - 230 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 10 Amp, and clean tap water.
Dimension and Weights :
W X L X H = 550mm x 1300mm x 1950mm
- 1 experimental unit
- 1 set of instructional material including detailed operating manual
| BACK TO MENU